This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what about a "Security" category?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:56:17 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: what about a "Security" category?
- References: <3F8534CB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41DD37B2.email@example.com><41DD63CD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41DD731D.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Reini Urban wrote:
> > Lapo Luchini schrieb:
> >>> What about a "Security" category?
> >> No one else would like it?
> >> The number of pertinent packages is growing in time 0=)
> > Which packages?
> > We agreed to stay with the debian names only.
> > Currently most of them are in "Net".
> > Which non-Net packages should go to such a Security category?
> Personally I'd choose any program that uses cryptography directly (e.g.
> I wound't include autossh as it is "simply" an openssh frontend) and/or
> is useful to secure a system (an antivirus).
> But of course the difference is subtle, progabnly autossh and stunnel
> could be in too.
> autossh ?
> clamav ?
> cyrus-sasl ?
> gnome-keyring ?
> keychain ?
> libsasl ?
> netrcat ?
> splint ?
> stunnel ?
> Probably I missed something...
editrights ? :-)
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT