This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "James R. Phillips" <antiskid56-cygwin at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:04:41 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Packaging Conundrum
- Reply-to: antiskid56-cygwin at yahoo dot com
Upstream for the newly added epstool package (Russell Lang) has asked via
private email whether the CYGWIN-PATCHES subdir of a cygwin source package
would really be required, if he modified the package makefile to
include make targets for cygwin source and binary distributions. In essence,
the question is whether a patches subdir is required if there really are no
patches required to build either the source or the binary distribution.
My guess is that such a subdir should always exist, containing at a minimum the
setup.hint file. But I'm not really certain.
Anyone have the answer for this?
James R. Phillips