This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:05:44 -0700
- Subject: coreutils-5.3.0-1
I think I finally have something ready for submission on the coreutils
front. Do I get the couple of gold stars promised in
This release is marked as test for several reasons:
- My first attempt at packaging something this big
- coreutils changed since 5.2.1, so not all the cygwin-local patches applied
cleanly (I may have caused regressions)
- Several programs have known bugs until cygwin 1.5.13 is released (nice,
chgrp, chown, etc.). Thanks Corinna for the quick responses as I discover
- pathchk regressed in behavior. In 5.2.1, `pathchk file/x' failed with a
message that file is not a directory, but in 5.3.0 it silently succeeds. I
don't know if this is worth patching locally or waiting for cygwin 1.5.13.
- New cygwin-local patch to df attempts to display more information about
disk mounts. In particular, `df --local' and `df -T' are now more informative.
- I bundled coreutils kill as gkill, rather than omitting it altogether
- running `make -k check' depends on a CVS version of automake to get
further than first failure (but this package is built using only the
released cygwin versions of the autotools)
- I have not investigated any of the claimed regressions in nohup, such as
file size md5sum
(prev: 5.2.1-4, curr: 5.2.1-5, test: 5.3.0-1)
gpg signatures available by appending .asc to above filenames
Someday, I might put a cute statement here.
Eric Blake email@example.com