Re: [ITP] Apache 2.0

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >
> > > I like "apache2" better, FWIW.
> >
> > The assumption that package name == tarball stem name is somewhat
> > implied by the generic-build-script system. It wouldn't be impossible to
> > work around, but it would be a bit weird.
>
> FWIW, adding the original tarball name after the "=" in the line that says
> "export src_orig_pkg_name=" should do it.  This will only make the GBS
> unpack that particular tarball, and will do nothing to the name of the
> resulting build directory.

Actually, that's not enough, sorry.  You'd also need to redefine "srcdir"
(since otherwise it'll be assumed to be derived from the script name), and
"opt_decomp" (just set it to "j").

> > What should the filenames be?
> >
> > Like this:?
> >
> > apache2-<ver>-<rel>.patch
> > apache2-<ver>-<rel>.sh
> > httpd-<ver>.tar.bz2
> >
> > Or, all httpd, but the package files produced are named apache2?
> >
> > I'll change the name if people really want, but it's not trivial.
>
> If the above doesn't work right, I'd like to know about it.  Thanks.

This still applies, though. :-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT