Re: Observation for ALL maintainers who provide dlls (was Re: question for perl maintainer)

--- Jason Tishler  wrote:

> I meant --enable-auto-image-base will only help, but not completely
> solve the problem.
>
> > nor the centralized database will work...
>
> I'm concerned a global, centralized database will run out of address
> space sooner rather than later.

Hm, making rebase a part of setup (which I guess is intended in the future)
seems to be the answer to this dilemma.  That is, each install would have a
local database of installed dll's with their base addresses, and each dll
installed would be rebased, with the base address added to the database.
Running rebase outside of setup would only then be necessary as a system
repair.

It seems this should work unless you think that a given local install w/
databas is still likely to run out of address space.