Re: FFTW3, Shared Libraries, libtool

--- "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> I have this attached patch against 3.0.1.  I don't know if it is still
> all needed, however you see where to go.  Maybe it applies with some
> fuzz.
>
> After applying the changes run `autoreconf --force --install --verbose`
> in the top level source directory to install the Cygwin libtool and the
> current helper scripts in the source tree and to regenerate aclocal.m4,
> configure and the Makefile.in templates.
>
> Then try to build again, should create shared libraries now.
> The two relevant changes are the build order of the subdirectories
> because of dependencies and the libtool ldflag '-no-undefined' to
> convince it to build shared libs.
>
> Using CFLAGS in Makefile.am is not working with recent automake one must
> use AM_CFLAGS instead.
>

> Gerrit
> --

This patch definitely works; thanks very much.  The overall source patch after
running autoreconf is huge, though (~1Mb?).  So I am going to move the
autoreconf invocation into the conf() function of g-b-s.  This keeps the source
patch down to a much more reasonable size, and just increases the length of
time required to perform the conf() function a bit.

I am currently rebuilding octave linked against the fftw library, to verify
proper operation of octave's fft routines.  If all goes well, I will probably
post an ITP for fftw next week.

Thanks again for your help.