Re: Is setup-2.506 ready to release?

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> I've been pointing people to setup-2.506-alpha.exe for a while now, with
> no problem reports.  It's been repeatedly dubbed a "release candidate" by
> various developers.  Any reason why it hasn't been released yet?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that there are a few pending patches to setup,
> which, I assume, aren't going in until after the next release.

Yes, there are still a couple of minor little things that I had hoped to
give attention to, but unfortunately just never got around to it.  What
we have now is probably better than the current released setup anyway,
so going ahead with a release probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

WRT to your patch that adds the size column, I would like to apply it
but I was hoping for a version that used MB instead of bytes, so that
the column is a little easier to read.  If you already posted that one
then please forgive me as I must have missed it.

Also, that change that makes it try bash instead of sh for scripts
should go in if we're about to release.

Brian