Re: Prefab Program Selections (was: RE: Regrouping on "installation profile" idea)

On Nov 15 13:13, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >
> > >Well, it'll have to be attention-grabbing.  Barring color, ALL-CAPS is
> > >the only way we can do this, right?  The underscores you are probably
> > >right about -- I was just trying to avoid the need to quote the
> > >category name.  BTW, the dash in this case is not a divider, but a
> > >legitimate hyphen -- it'd be there even in the normal case.
> >
> > Aren't these already going to be sorted first, owing to the "."?  Could we
> > use '***' instead of '.', maybe?  That would be attention grabbing.
>
> Hmm...  Not sure, but we can try it and see.  It's not like the category
> name is set in stone -- it could always be changed later, until we find
> something that people like.

Well, since I was the one suggesting the use of all-uppercase, it should
be pretty clear that I still think it's the right thing to do.

The text should indicate that it's something different, the category
is not a normal category but a meta-category which should be the first place
where the user looks when installing.  All-uppercase in the current setup
layout is the only useful style, IMHO.

Red Hat, Inc.