Re: [ITP-adopt] curl 7.15.0

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> It's not an issue for Cygwin and in theory I'd prefer if you could link
> curl against OpenSSL.  OTOH, GNUTLS would be a fine additional package
> for Cygwin, too (*hint, hint*).  Where is the GNUTLS package?  I don't
> see it in your list of packages.  Since you linked curl against it, the
> package should be provided anyway.

GNUTLS is already in the distro courtesy of Gerrit:
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-08/msg00303.html>

However the fact is that OpenSSL is a lot more mature and stable,
especially in the context of curl support, so it's very reasonable to
stick with it.  Debian has been trying to switch over to GNUTLS for
libcurl (and other libraries that need SSL/TSL) because of these
licensing reasons, but it looks like as of right now they are still with
OpenSSL, presumably because GNUTLS just isn't mature enough.  So, I'll
switch back to OpenSSL and make a -2 version.

Brian