Re: [ITP] gamin

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Lapo was going to work on it, but he
> said as this was not trivial, and then he had a thesis to deal with.
Sorry about the lack of response (and package upgrades), lately.
The thesis is finished, I actually graduated in april (YAY!).
Main problem with gamin is sheer lack of time: at work I was switched on
a different, more urgent, project and I really don't have much time to
devote to it right now.

Not that the task of finding the root itself shouldn't be trivial, I
guess it should mostly be as easy as:
((s[1]==':')&&(s[2]=='\\')) for the X:\ case and
((s[0]=='\\')&&(s[1]=='\\'))...strstr(s+2, "\\") for the \\net\ case.
Main problem is that, as easy as it may be, every code written should be
tested, not only written, and if you mind set is focused on something
different altogether, the probability to produce something correct is
much lower (especially if you do not have an actual testing WinNT
environment to test it working all together).