Re: ITP: dmalloc-5.4.2 [reissued]

From: "Corinna Vinschen" To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: ITP: dmalloc-5.4.2 [reissued]

The packaging looks good to me.  But I have a question.  Is there a
reason that you didn't build dmalloc as shared library as on Debian?
Would that not work on Windows/Cygwin for some reason or are you
planning to do that at some later point?

Sorry for the delay, currently on vacation :)

Building as a shared library seems to require changes to the configure scripts,
but it's surely doable.
However it's not clear to me what the advantages would be. dmalloc is typically only used during the development process of a specific
program, so that there would be little reuse of the dll.
At any rate I can do it in the next (non-test) version if requested.

Pierre