Re: [ITP] xdelta, try 2

According to Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) on 7/6/2006 8:05 PM:
> Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>>> Try the attached cygport file and patch.  You'll need to fill in
>>> PKG_HINTS, make the corresponding .hint's, and I won't be too offended
>>> if you don't like my choice of dividing the packages. :-)  Depending on
>>> your autotools configuration, you may need to change the WANT_AUTOCONF
>>> line as well in order to force use of autoconf-2.5x.

Thanks.  By the way, WANT_AUTOCONF was not enough, I had to
export FORCE_AUTOCONF_2_5=yes

Try 2: Dynamic libraries are now built, and separated into their own
package.  I followed debian's lead, and both cygedsio and cygxdelta dlls
are in the same package.

To download into an xdelta directory:

wget -nH -x --cut-dirs=1 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/xdelta-1.1.3-2.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/xdelta-1.1.3-2-src.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/libxdelta2/setup.hint \

http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/libxdelta2/libxdelta2-1.1.3-2.tar.bz2
\
  http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/xdelta-devel/setup.hint \

http://home.comcast.net/~ericblake/xdelta/xdelta-devel/xdelta-devel-1.1.3-2.tar.bz2

xdelta/setup.hint:
# setup for xdelta
sdesc: "Computes changes between binary files."
ldesc: "An application program designed to compute changes between
files.  These changes (deltas) are similar to the output of the 'diff'
program in that they may be used to store and transmit only the
changes between files.  However, unlike diff, the output of Xdelta is
not expressed in a human-readable format--Xdelta can also also apply
these deltas to a copy of the original file.  Xdelta uses a fast,
linear algorithm and performs well on both binary and text files."
category: Devel Utils
requires: cygwin glib libxdelta2 zlib
#Maintainer: Eric Blake

xdelta/xdelta-devel/setup.hint:
# setup for xdelta-devel
sdesc: "Development files for compiling with libxdelta."
ldesc: "An application program designed to compute changes between
files.  These changes (deltas) are similar to the output of the 'diff'
program in that they may be used to store and transmit only the
changes between files.  However, unlike diff, the output of Xdelta is
not expressed in a human-readable format--Xdelta can also also apply
these deltas to a copy of the original file.  Xdelta uses a fast,
linear algorithm and performs well on both binary and text files."
category: Devel Libs
requires: cygwin glib-devel libxdelta2 zlib
external-source: xdelta
#Maintainer: Eric Blake

xdelta/libxdelta2/setup.hint:
# setup for libxdelta2
sdesc: "Computes changes between binary files (runtime)."
ldesc: "An application program designed to compute changes between
files.  These changes (deltas) are similar to the output of the 'diff'
program in that they may be used to store and transmit only the
changes between files.  However, unlike diff, the output of Xdelta is
not expressed in a human-readable format--Xdelta can also also apply
these deltas to a copy of the original file.  Xdelta uses a fast,
linear algorithm and performs well on both binary and text files."
category: Libs
requires: cygwin glib
#Maintainer: Eric Blake

- --