Re: Access to upset program

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 11:29, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> The upset script is no longer publicly available. ?For the purposes of
> generating setup.ini files it's been superseded by the genini script,
> which lives at
> <http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/genini/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps>.

Well, I've got this and started to use it and discovered that genini
considers # characters inside the quoted string for the sdesc and
ldesc as the beginning of a comment.  In sub parse it does:

   while (<F>) {
        chomp;
        s/#.*$//o;
        s/^\s+//o;

The packages doxygen and astyle include in the ldesc and sdesc strings
the name C# ... and the remainder of the line is cut off yeilding
an bad setup.ini file.

I'd suggest one of the following:

        s/^#.*$//o;
The comment must start on the first column;

        s/^\s+//o;
        s/^#.*$//o;
This reverses the order to chop white space first then comments.
This would allow comments to have only white space before them,
but not require that they start at column 1.  (This is what
I did to my copy to generate a correct setup.ini file.)

There might be a more complicated match that could allow a
comment after a quoted string, possibly like

Enjoy!

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org