This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.exe: No choice of mount point type?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:03:00 +0100
- Subject: setup.exe: No choice of mount point type?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
I just had an in-shower inspiration which I have to share immediately.
Given that we still support textmode mounts for historical reasons, but
don't like people actually using them, what if setup.exe would simply
not give the choice? We can't keep users from changing the mount points
after an installation, but who demands from us to leave the user the
choice in the base installation process? Just removing the button group
from the options dialog would be sufficient, me thinks...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com