Re: setup.hints which mention Base in their category

At 6-6-2007 18:05, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 6 11:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:
So the question is: Does this list look right.  I'm not sure about
brltty and gdbm.  And I also wonder about ncurses, readline, and zlib.
While they probably do get used by default anyway, I wonder why they
have to be in Base.  Is there a broken dependency somewhere?  If not, it
seems like they would be loaded automatically by anything in Base which
needed them.

I agree for gdbm and everything else which is basically a library (ncurses, readline, zlib). I don't care exactly for brltty, we can also put it into Utils. The two problems I mentioned on the list should be solved anyway.

One other thing... brltty requires util-linux, which required perl. So now perl became part of Base.

Regards,
Frank