Re: [ITP] perl-5.8.8

On Jun 28 21:32, Reini Urban wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:

> >>http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl-5.8.8-1.tar.bz2
> >>http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl-5.8.8-1-src.tar.bz2
> >>http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/perl/perl_manpages/perl_manpages-5.8.8-1.tar.bz2
> [...]
> We had a routing problem this day. Please try again.

I'm just looking for the packaging itself.  I'm not a perl programmer,
so I assume you're looking for creating a actually *working* perl
yourself ;)

Ok, that's what looks not quite ok to me:

- Your package pollutes the /usr/bin directory with two versions of
  *almost* every tool in the perl package, foo, foo5.8.8, bar, bar5.8.8,
  etc.  The former 5.8.7 package only created a perl5.8.8 parallel to
  the perl exe, but all other binaries were only available without
  versioning, same as in the Linux distros I have my hands on, btw.

  Almost, because there are two variances:

  - ld2, perlld, ptar and ptardiff only exist in the non-versioned style.
  - psed and pstruct only exist in the versioned style.

- ld2 is not available in the perl package for Linux.  Is that
  binary actually for public consumption?

- The directory /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/auto, present in 5.8.7, is missing.

Everything else looks ok to me.

Red Hat