Re: [RFU] quilt-0.46-1

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 03:47:31PM +0300, Jari Aalto wrote:
> "Dave Korn" <dave.korn-RQamRl9Jd2/QT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > On 30 August 2007 12:54, Peter Rosin wrote:
> >> Thanks for the quick action! Upstreams contains a *very*
> >> similar patch [1] to the one I produced, which confused me
> >> somewhat at first...
> >
> >   Say, if only we had some way of managing a big confusing stack of patches
> > and optionally including them into or backing them out of a source
> > distribution .......
>
> That's pretty easy if you make separate patches. You can do that with
> dpatch(1) or quilt(1).

I think Dave knew that pretty well, I thought his joke was funny anyway.
But one thing strikes me as a little odd. Did you not test anything in
quilt before packing it up? "quilt add" on an existing file seems like a
rather fundamental operation for quilt, what usage pattern do you have
if you don't use "quilt add"?

Cheers,
Peter