This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: xterm 229
- From: Thomas Wolff <mined at towo dot net>
- To: "Jari Aalto" <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:31:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated: xterm 229
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
thanks for updating xterm. Finally, it works again (did not work
for me for 3 years due to immediate crash after start...).
I am wondering, however, why you configured out support of the -u8
option. I recompiled xterm 229 with full feature support and
-u8 gives me a nicely working Unicode terminal, regardless of
cygwin's broken locale support. Please change that for an update.
Usage note: depending on the application, it may help to set
the locale environment properly when starting a UTF-8 xterm. This
would have to be done manually.
The editor joe edits UTF-8 well with proper LC_ALL setting.
The editor mined edits UTF-8 even without proper LC_ALL setting.