RE: [ITP] graphviz/libgraphviz4/libgraphviz-devel/graphviz-doc/graphviz-contrib: An open source graph visualization software

Dave Korn wrote on 02 May 2008 10:56:

> Dr. Volker Zell wrote on 02 May 2008 09:20:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to contribute and maintain the
>> 'graphviz/libgraphviz4/libgraphviz-devel/graphviz-doc/graphviz-contrib'
>> packages.
>
>   Your sense of timing is perfect.  I just spent an evening trying to
> build this myself and finally got going with some half-working crudely
> limping along static build...
>
>> For downloading
>
>   Will test over the weekend.  Thanks very much!

  Well, the packaging looks ok, and the binaries appear to work after a bit of
crude smoke-testing, but I can't successfully rebuild from source.  I've tried
on two different systems now (both fairly up-to-date), and they've both hung
up at this stage:

Making all in vmalloc
make[3]: Entering directory
`/tmp/volker/graphviz/rebuild/graphviz-2.18-1/build/lib/vmalloc'
mkdir -p ../../FEATURE
/tmp/volker/graphviz/rebuild/graphviz-2.18-1/src/graphviz-2.18/iffe - set cc
gcc   : run
/tmp/volker/graphviz/rebuild/graphviz-2.18-1/src/graphviz-2.18/lib/vmalloc/fea
tures/vmalloc > ../../FEATURE/vmalloc

  In each case there was a stuck exe running, "FALBA2320.exe" for one and
FUBIK-something-or-other on the other.  The stuck exe was using zero cpu and
just sitting there indefinitely.  Running it manually at the command-line
didn't stall.  The sh.exe that invoked the iffe script is still alive but also
stalled.  After killing the exe, the shell wakes up and carries on with the
build.

  The FALBA2320.c test was checking for the presence of strdup and sure enough
it doesn't seem to appear in any of the feature test macros in
build/FEATURE/vmalloc.

    cheers,
      DaveK