    >>> Thanks.  Someone on the cygwin list noticed that I had a file:
    >>>
    >>> /usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0/MANIFEST
    >>>
    >>> that should not be in the release.  I have searched the cygwin
    >>> site, and find no reference to a MANIFEST file being required in
    >>> the doc directory.  However, I have had one in cmake for years now,
    >>> and just for cygwin.  Was this a policy change at some point that I
    >>> missed?
    >> That's something for Volker to answer.  I'm not sure why the MANIFEST
    >> file should be a problem.
    >> Corinna
    >>
    > Should I move this back to the main cygwin list? This seemed like a
    > better list for this discussion.   Also, I am feeling a bit crazy...
    > I really thought that that file was required by cygwin way back when I
    > started doing this?  It would be easy to remove, and it may affect
    > other projects so I want to make sure it is done the right way.  CMake
    > contains a tool called CPack that can be used to create various
    > installers for packages, and Cygwin setup is one of them.  The
    > MANIFEST is created by CPack.

Okay no problem with the MANIFEST file then.

But the directory structure looks strange.

  usr/share/cmake-2.6.0-CYGWIN-unknown
  usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0-CYGWIN-unknown/
  usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0/MANIFEST

Shouldn't that be

  usr/share/cmake-2.6.0
  usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0/

If the subdirectory cmake-2.6.0-CYGWIN-unknown is ok then at least move
the manifest file from usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0/MANIFEST to usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0-CYGWIN-unknown

    > Thanks.

    > -Bill

Ciao
  Volker