Re: PING Jan Nieuwenhuizen re libguile17

Dave Korn writes:

Hi Dave,

>   It looks to me as if cygguile-17.dll needs to be rebuilt with an up-to-date
> gcc with the fix for throwing strings across dll boundaries.  As we discovered
> in a recent thread[*], autogen crashes on exit[**], and it appears to be due
> to a problem in libguile[***].  I tried rebuilding it from source with the
> latest gcc, and it fixes the problem, at least for me;

I cannot reproduce this fix.  After [cross]compiling Guile with Cygwin's
gcc-3.4.4-3 I still got the autogen crash, so I built Guile on a freshly
installed cygwin, and autogen still crashes for me.  There must be
something else going on here.  It would not surprise me if the current
guile, cross-compiled with gcc-4.1 turned out to be fine...

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter