This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] libserf, libserf-devel, libserf0 - HTTP client library
Thanks for reviewing.
On 8/4/2008 11:01 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
1) AFAICS there's no reason not to use serf as the $PN.
2) cygport now supports creating an empty binary package, so the docs
could go together with the DLL, and the latter would not dep the former.
I'm confused by this. You're suggesting that I have the following?
* serf0: empty
* libserf0_0: DLL and docs
* libserf0-devel: headers and link libraries
Why do I need serf0?
3) The devel package should also require apr1, aprutil1, openssl-devel,
and zlib, since libserf-0.la will pull these libs in when linking with
4) IMO the libraries should be libserf0_0 and libserf0-devel. The first
zero is part of the library name itself (libserf-0.la), and the second
the current libtool version.
You're talking about the package names here, not the names of the *.dll,
*.la, or *.a files, right?
David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
The difference between dogs and cats is that dogs come when they're
called. Cats take a message and get back to you.