Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

On Aug 15 06:45, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > What I still don't get is that, in my local install, the update-info-dir,
> > coreutils, and terminfo postinstall scripts ran before the bash postinstall
> > script, even though all of them list bash as requirement.  Any idea?
>
> It's a circular dependency -- _update-info-dir and bash both list each
> other as requirements.  In such a situation with loops it's impossible
> to give a topological ordering that satisfies both constraints, so it
> comes down to chance (or rather the order that things are evaluated) as
> to which goes first.  It looks like _update-info-dir happens to get to
> the top.

I don't see _update-info-dir in the bash requires.

However, when looking through the dependencies, I see more problems.

  cygwin requires base-passwd

  base-passwd requires bash

  bash requires cygwin

We really need a strategy to fix the dependencies so that postinstall
scripts of crucial packages run first.  And base-cygwin should run
before every other package.

Any chance we can discuss this on IRC (freenode: #cygwin-developers)?

Red Hat