This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cyginstall - /etc/setup/$pkg.lst.gz content
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:31:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: cyginstall - /etc/setup/$pkg.lst.gz content
- References: <486E4E5A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080704171932.GA24851@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <486E60F0.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nathan Thern schrieb:
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Reini Urban <email@example.com> wrote:
Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 06:22:50PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
Hmm. I'll check if I like it or if I like mine more. :)
I actually wrote one of these years ago. It's checked in here:
I'm just writing a cmdline tool in perl for faster setup for the
power-user. It's named cyginstall and has the usual rpm options
Have you made any more progress? setup.exe has always been problematic
for me, as I regularly use 3 distinct repos: the official one, cygwin
ports, and mine. The newest setup.exe is giving me fits, and I think
it's time to grab either your or Chris' script and start hacking
something that does updates the way I want them done.
Chris' simplier cygupdate works fine.
Mine is a bit more complicated and I'm still working on the dependency
logic like setup.exe. I've put it to my svn repo at