This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: base-passwd: postinstall script too open permissions
- From: "John Morrison" <john at morrison dot mine dot nu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:34:44 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: base-passwd: postinstall script too open permissions
- References: <20080820081457.GE29104@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Wed, August 20, 2008 9:14 am, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi John,
> do you remember the reason why the passwd-grp.sh postinstall script
> chmod 777 /etc/passwd
> chmod 777 /etc/group
> ? That's not right, IMO. The permissions should rather be 644 and
> not allow writing for everyone.
> Along the same lines, the `chmod a+w' calls in the second half of the
> script should better just be `chmod u+w'.
> Would you mind to change that, please?
Sure, although it might be tomorrow night before I get time. What were
the changes you made to the setup.hint for base-[file/passwd] btw?