This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: setup-1.7 with -D and -L options
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:38:12 +0100
- Subject: RE: setup-1.7 with -D and -L options
- References: <48AC33ED.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ralph Hempel wrote on 20 August 2008 16:11:
> I'm not sure what is supposed to happen when we specify both -D
> and -L on the command line....
It's an undiagnosed usage error. The -D and -L options are equivalents to
the radio buttons on the "choose installation type" page and it shouldn't be
possible to select both simultaneously; we should (but currently don't) issue
an error and quit.
Basically a WDDTT situation, but you're right, we should forbid it rather
than allow what is effectively "undefined behaviour". Care to file a
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....