This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7 on a FLASH Drive
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:31:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7 on a FLASH Drive
- References: <48AC42FE.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:14:54PM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:
>Yes, I've read the FAQ on making Cygwin portable :-)
>I'd like to have a complete Cygwin environment on a FLASH drive, but of
>course using that drive to compile stuff in my HOME directory will be
>Is there a way to create a symlink of a directory on a local hard drive
>to the cygwin /home/username/ directory?
>Are there any features in 1.7 that will make a portable cygwin easier
This really has nothing to do with cygwin-apps. Use the cygwin list.