This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe 2.573.2.3 crashes every time
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:13:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup.exe 2.573.2.3 crashes every time
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I run setup.exe, choose any mirror, accept the "Partial" list of apps to
> upgrade, click Next. The packages are downloaded, and then setup.exe crashes
> with 'The instruction at "0x004f42cb" referenced memory at "0x0106ff50". The
> memory could not be "read".' This happens every time.
Nevermind-- I remembered the solution from when this happened before.
I had interrupted installation of bash before it was complete (in-use files),
and /etc/setup/bash.lst.gz was corrupt. I removed that and everything is fine
Sorry for the noise.