This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Patch] Add .tar.lzma support to setup
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:27:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add .tar.lzma support to setup
- References: <486872C4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <48741A9D.email@example.com> <488212E1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080722093531.GD15895@calimero.vinschen.de> <4886915A.email@example.com> <48B2081B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Done. CVS setup.exe now supports .tar.lzma files.
> Is this intended to be the default now? Should I change cygport trunk
I think that's premature -- at least on the 1.5 cygport branch. For the
1.7 cygport trunk...meh. I could go either way. I haven't run any
tests to see how well .tar.bz2-inside-.tar.lzma (or, for that matter,
.tar.lzma-inside-.tar.lzma) compresses. We need more data before
setting even a guideline, much less a policy. My goal was simply to
allow people the ability to use .lzma, if they wanted to.