This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup: empty tarballs
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:57:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup: empty tarballs
- References: <48B35A98.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Aug 25 20:21, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
> There's been quite a bit of back-and-forth over setup.exe's handling of
> empty tarballs. What has actually been implemented?
Setup.exe for 1.5 is unchanged, afaik. I tweaked setup for 1.7 (CVS HEAD)
so that it shouldn't complain anymore about any type of empty tar file.
I have no idea if there was a decision to prefer a certain type of
empty tar archive.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com