Re: MinGW runtime and w32api

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> My question is, should I use the same naming convention for the Cygwin
> distribution, or keep things the status quo?

That doesn't conform to the Cygwin standards, so I'd say no.  If you
wanted to split up mingw-runtime into separate DLL and header packages,
they should be named something like libmingw and libmingw-devel.  But
seeing as how the only file that would be in libmingw is mingm10.dll
(and that's just a tiny stub that hardly ever changes), this seems like
real overkill.

w32api should likewise theoretically be named w32api-devel but I also
don't see any need to rename something gratuitously.

Brian