Re: Setup.exe issues between Win2k and WinXP - does it use different logic for setup retrieval or package ver selection

Brian Keener wrote:
> ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/cygwin/
> http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/install
> ftp://sourceware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/sourceware.org/cygwin/
>
> the prc-tools is for my Palm code but both last-mirrors have the same
> mirrors in the same order.

The continuing saga - right after my last post on this setup started
reporting the same packages for both the WinXP and the Win2k machine as
it should and that as worked for several checks since then but now today
and this is too weird - I went to update using setup and all both the
WinXp and the Win2k laptop both reported a boat load full of packages
that needed updating and in most cases the new was less than the
current.

I am still using the same mirrors as documented above.

Any thought on this as all?  Why I keep seeing this and now it happened
on both machines not just the Win2k.

Thanks

bk