Re: Beginners question / cygwin setup with filter box

Marcio Galli wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> This is my first post. I watch this list from some time and long time
> ago entered in this list with a thinking that the cygwin Setup app
> could have a sort of filter ( type-ahead ) to facilitate folks to find
> packages. Have you guys seen something like this? I have installed
> cygwin for my father this last weekend and realized still misses a
> filter ( as you type ) function.
>
> Wondering if you find this feature interesting, and how one could
> build and submit a patch - if the idea is worth it.

  This feature is being worked on and will be in the next released version of
setup.exe, thanks to a patch already submitted by Andrew Punch[*].  (It needs
me to find a bit of time to write code to fix a minimum window size but apart
from that is working, so I'll try and get to it during next week.)

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
[*] - http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-03/msg00149.html