Re: Future of emacs maintainership

On May 14 08:28, Steffen Sledz wrote:
Hi cygwinners,

as you mentioned in the last months, i'd a lot of problems to fulfill my task as cygwin emacs maintainer. This has many reasons. There is this rsync/cygport problem mentioned sometimes before i have at my machine, but also a lack of time for the cygwin work coming from a really stressful personal time. And it isn't foreseeable that this will change in the next time.

So i've no chance but giving back the gold star in the hope that someone else will take the maintainership for emacs. May be Ken Brown is the right one.

I'm really sorry,
Steffen

No worries. Thanks for your help.

Ken? Would you mind to take over?

I'm willing to do it, provided you're willing to have me as a maintainer, given my minimal qualifications. As I said in (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-04/msg00061.html), I have no programming or debugging skills. If you still want me to do it, the links to my builds of emacs-23 packages are in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-04/msg00116.html; these are intended to replace the existing 22.1-3 test packages (cygwin 1.7 only).

I *think* the packaging is OK, but, since I've never built a cygwin package before, I'd appreciate it if you or one of the experienced package maintainers would take a look before you upload it.

I'm leaving town tomorrow for a few days. I will have email access, but I won't have time to deal with any problems. So I probably shouldn't send out an announcement about the new packages until I return (Tuesday or Wednesday).

Ken