This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP 1.7] dbus
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:55:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP 1.7] dbus
- References: <4A3ECF1D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 21 19:23, Yaakov S wrote:
> D-Bus is the fd.o IPC framework, which just about all desktop software
> is using nowadays. This, and its bindings (ITPs to follow), will be
> required for GNOME 2.26, KDE4, and Xfce4 libraries.
> D-Bus defines two separate buses, a system bus and a session bus. The
> system bus is installable as a Windows service via csih (thanks Chuck!),
> although most software that uses the system bus (e.g. HAL, DeviceKit,
> PolicyKit, etc.) is mostly Linux-specific. The session bus is started
> with dbus-launch, or it will be launched automatically by apps/xsessions
> which need it.
This looks good as well. Please upload.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com