Re: [ITP] task-1.7.1-1 (pinging for awaiting review)

Dave Korn wrote:
>   Urrgh.  I see you noticed a problem of some sort.  It appears to install a
> duplicate set of docs into both usr/share/doc/task-1.7.1 and
> usr/share/doc/task, and you've had to add a few packaging definitions to get
> around it; quite possibly as a side-effect of this, the cygwin-specific readme
> gets installed as usr/share/doc/Cygwin/task.README, without any version
> number.  Also, you choose to keep usr/share/doc/task and drop
> usr/share/doc/task-1.7.1, which I think is the wrong way round.

>From the cygport NEWS file:

0.9.2:
        * SRC_URI: now accepts SRPMs.
        * PATCH_URI: now accepts multiple-patch tarballs.
        * Installs documentation into /usr/share/doc/PACKAGE.

This is a deliberate change between 0.4.x for cygwin-1.5, and 0.9.x for
cygwin-1.7.  However, it relies on the underlying package understanding
and working with
   docdir (for older autoconf)
   datarootdir (for newer autoconf)

So, if upstream task doesn't use the "correct" variables, then cygport
is going to have trouble.  It will manually install some of the doc
files into /usr/share/doc/PACKAGE, while the base package's make install
might install some sub- or super- or disjoint set of files into $where_ever.

<disclaimer>I haven't looked at this specific underlying package.

--
Chuck