Re: RFP: bzr 1.17-1

On Aug  6 23:39, Jari Aalto wrote:

> [repost: Ignore the one first posted to cygwin mailing list]
>
> New upstream release.
>
> Package made under Cygwin 1.5:
>
> wget \
>     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/bzr/1.5/bzr-1.17-1-src.tar.bz2 \
>     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/bzr/1.5/bzr-1.17-1.tar.bz2 \
>     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/bzr/1.5/setup.hint
>
> Package made under Cygwin 1.7:
>
> wget \
>     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/bzr/bzr-1.17-1-src.tar.bz2 \
>     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/bzr/bzr-1.17-1.tar.bz2 \
>     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/bzr/setup.hint
>
> .. I'm not actually sure if this is necessary for Python packages, but
> made anyway,

It's typically not necessary for scripts, only for executables using
entry points and features not available in 1.5.

When you create a package for 1.5 and 1.7, please use different
version numbers, for instance 1.17-1 and 1.17-2.

So, how do you want to proceed.  Shall I just upload the 1.5 package
for now?

Red Hat