Re: [1.7] ITP: pinentry

On 19/10/2009 17:48, Charles Wilson wrote:
This is a collection of simple PIN or passphrase entry dialogs which
utilize the Assuan protocol as described by the aegypten project; see
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/ for details.

No time for a review today, but:

There are programs for different toolkits available:

GUI             OPTION                   DEPENDENCIES
Curses          --enable-pinentry-curses Curses library, for example ncurses
GTK+ V1.2       --enable-pinentry-gtk    Gimp Toolkit Library Version 1.2
                                          eg. libgtk-1.2 and libglib-1.2
GTK+ V2.0       --enable-pinentry-gtk2   Gimp Toolkit Library, Version 2.0
                                          eg. libgtk-x11-2.0 and libglib-2.0
Qt              --enable-pinentry-qt     Qt, eg. libqt or libqt-mt
Qt4             --enable-pinentry-qt4    Qt4

This cygwin package builds only the curses, gtk1, and gtk2 versions,
although the qt versions and perhaps the native win32 version may be
added in later cygwin releases.

Please do not make a gtk1 version. gtk+-1.2 is obsolete, and while it remains for now in the distro due to existing dependencies on it, I would like to drop it by the time gtk+-3.0 comes out next year. Now is not the time to be adding gtk1 packages, particularly where gtk2 is available.

As for Qt, 3.x is now obsolete, but there are still a (diminishing) number of programs yet to be ported. Of course, the difference here is that I haven't got Qt4 into the distro yet because of a number of dependencies not yet included (MySQL, GStreamer, and xine-lib, the latter two of which have a large number of deps themselves). So I won't object if you want to add a Qt3 version in the meantime.

Yaakov