This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: singular-icons: possible packaging error?
- From: Frank Seelisch <seelisch at mathematik dot uni-kl dot de>
- To: BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov
- Cc: wienand at rhrk dot uni-kl dot de, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, Hans Schoenemann <hannes at mathematik dot uni-kl dot de>
- Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:51:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: singular-icons: possible packaging error?
- References: <0105D5C1E0353146B1B222348B0411A208AB97E596@NIHMLBX02.nih.gov> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
thanks for the email. This packaging "error" dates back to my
predecessor who put the file there on purpose, to allow for the creation
of a Windows start menu entry "cygwin setup" (with the setup.exe behind
it). It also has to do with another distribution that we used to offer
to SINGULAR users.
Anyway, I will remove the file from the package. There is going to be a
new minor release of SINGULAR anyway, so that I will send new binaries
for upload soon.
Thanks again and
Frank Seelisch - Researcher, Ph.D.
Working Group Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra
phone: +49 631 205-2733, Campus Building 48, Room 426
Mathematics Dept., P.O.Box 3049, 67653 Kaiserslautern
staff page: http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~seelisch
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] <BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 18:32
Subject: singular-icons: possible packaging error?
To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The singular-icons package contains the following file in both
versions 3.0.3-1 and 3.1.0-1.
I point this out since it seems strange to me and I wonder whether it
might be a mistake.
I apologized for wasting bandwidth if it is not an error.
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.