This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Is anyone looking into the file-in-use setup.exe problems?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:33:34 -0500
- Subject: Is anyone looking into the file-in-use setup.exe problems?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
It seems pretty clear that something is broken in setup's file-in-use
There seems to be recent breakage in that an in-use cygwin1.dll may cause
the whole cygwin package to not be installed.
But there is also, I think, a more fundamental problem. If you can't
install cygwin then setup.exe should not be attempting to run
post-install scripts since they will likely break.
More generally, if the installation of a package dependency fails then
the package post-install script should probably be delayed into system
Do I have this right? Is anyone thinking about looking into this or
does anyone have any insight into the recent breakage?