This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] should cygport use peflags?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:12:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] should cygport use peflags?
- References: <4B52BA6C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jan 17 01:21, Yaakov S wrote:
> Is there any harm in running peflags (-d1 for DLLs, and -t1 for
> EXEs) on Windows pre-Vista? If not, should I have cygport
> automatically do this for all packages?
The latest gcc package at least sets the TS-aware flag for all
executables. Dunno about DLLs, though. I remember vaguely having
discussed this on the cygwin list, mainly with Chuck but I don't
recall anymore if ASLR is really such a good idea for Cygwin's fork.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com