This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup process for long-lived projects
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:41:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: Setup process for long-lived projects
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:49:02PM +1300, Michael Hope wrote:
>Hi there. We use cygwin quite a bit as part of the build process for
>a deeply embedded system with a very long life cycle. One problem is
>maintaining the tools over the life of the product - I'd like to have
>a way of installing the same set of packages on new development
>machines, having exactly the same set available in five years, and an
>easy way of re-basing to later cygwin versions as needed.
Sorry but this is not really a topic for this mailing list. If you have
specific needs that are not related to the Cygwin release then please
use the Cygwin list.