This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Some troubles with packaging toolchains (was Re: Need input on packaging mingw-w64 for Cygwin)
- From: JonY <jon_y at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:03:47 +0800
- Subject: Some troubles with packaging toolchains (was Re: Need input on packaging mingw-w64 for Cygwin)
- References: <4B5AC690.firstname.lastname@example.org>
While packaging new binutils for cross mingw and mingw-w64, I've
noticed there were some duplicate files, but I'm not sure how to handle
them with cygport, advice welcome.
The duplicate files are mostly under usr/share/locale/ and libiberty.a.
We could fix this by making all cross toolchains use seperate --prefix
and --with-sysroot, but I don't know if its appropriate.
There are also some issues for DLL'ized GCC target libs, such as
libstdc++-6.dll. I've decided they should be disabled for mingw and
mingw-w64 based 4.x toolchains for the moment, as they all wanted to be
installed as libstdc++-6.dll into bindir, causing potential confusion
for users. It can be re-enabled after its fixed in upstream GCC and