Re: uw-imap-imapd: suggestions for cyg_server issue

Hi,

On Feb 11 23:11, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
Hi Pierre,

On 11/02/2010 10:39 PM, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
The problem you will run into is that 544 can be changed (e.g. to 0).
It's better to do it learn it dynamically.
The following is from the cron package source code.
<snip>

Thanks for that. Yes, I have a similar patch I made in my experimental
branch. I make one, IMO, slightly stronger assumption (than having a
fixed RID) that enables the check to be all POSIX.

I assume that the correct SID is always in the password field for both
passwd and group. I then search for these files for the SIDs of SYSTEM
user and Administrators group. The checks from there are the same.

Alternatively:

   getgroups();
   for all gids
     gr = getgrgid();
     if (!strcasecmp (gr->gr_passwd, "S-1-32-544"))
       return is_admin;
   return non_admin;

Doh! Why didn't I think of that. That would of course be easier. Does the underlying implementation of getgrgid() scan through /etc/group. If not, then this would also have been quicker.

In anycase, I await a response from the uw-imap maintainer for Cygwin,
Dr. Volker Zell before I do anything more. The patch I made is at
least enough to get me going with imapd.

Best regards,
Shaddy