This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.693 unable to replace files through reboot
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:04:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.693 unable to replace files through reboot
- References: <email@example.com> <20100406182421.GA19588@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20100407082714.GC27428@calimero.vinschen.de> <20100407111449.GZ18530@calimero.vinschen.de> <20100407114043.GA18530@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 07/04/2010 12:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I just applied the matching patch. Chris, could you please upload
> a new setup.exe?
And can we renew the tradition of uploading the debug versions and source
tarball from the build into the http://cygwin.com/setup/ dir? We're kind-of
bordering on gpl non-compliant, because there's no way of knowing for sure
(after downloading the binary of setup.exe) whether whoever compiled it had
everything up-to-date in their sandbox, and cvs doesn't even have atomic
revisions, so it's not entirely straightforward to reconstruct what the
checkout must have been from the version number of the uploaded binary which
is just the revision of the ChangeLog.