From: "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Subject: setup.exe 2.693 installation status incompletely shown in Create Icons/Installation Status screen

Setup 2.693 incompletely displays the "Installation Status" warning on the
page that also contains two checkboxes under "create Icons" on my Windows
7 machine (Professional, 32-bit, German, Segoe UI 9pt sized font as
pre-installed in my Dell design). This can make the importance of the
reboot go unnoticed - important for newcomers to Cygwin.

The Installation status has one line, the only readable part is "In-use
files have been replaced. You need to reboot as
   soon as possible to", and then aborts. Resizing the Windows does not
help.

However the complete message would be "In-use files have been replaced.
You need to reboot as
   soon as possible to *activate the new versions. Cygwin may operate
incorrectly until you reboot.*"

The part in *...* is missing in my display. Screenshot in PNG format
available off-list upon request.

Also the Copyright mentions "-2009" but I believe there were changes in 2010 already.

--
Matthias Andree