Re: [ITP] tesseract-ocr-2.0.4-1

2010/5/4 Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:
> On May ?3 20:00, Reini Urban wrote:
>> I indent to maintain tesseract-ocr, a command-line ocr program, which
>> I use now daily.
>> debian stable named it tesseract-ocr, ubuntu also, fedora and gentoo
>> just tesseract.
>> I stick with debian for the names. I did not include basque, bangla
>> and romanian language files,
>
> Why? ?Are thre any problems with these languages?

Because they were not easy to find, and debian didn't have them either.
I only found them afterwards after looking at gentoo and others.
I'm not so keen maintaining langs which were seldom used and
not actively maintained.
They are very easy to add by some user by himself if he needs it.

> Other than that, packaging looks good to me.

Ok, will upload soon then.
Thanks.
--
Reini Urban