Re: [ITP] logiweb-0.2.9

Hi Klaus,

On May 10 14:54, Klaus Grue wrote:
> http://logiweb.eu/1.0/doc/download/cygwin/dist/logiweb/setup.hint
> http://logiweb.eu/1.0/doc/download/cygwin/dist/logiweb/logiweb-0.2.9-1.tar.bz2
> http://logiweb.eu/1.0/doc/download/cygwin/dist/logiweb/logiweb-0.2.9-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> # setup.hint file for the Logiweb package for CYGWIN
> sdesc: "a system for electronic distribution of mathematics"
> ldesc: "Logiweb allows to web publish 'Logiweb pages', i.e.
> journal quality articles which contain machine readable objects
> like  programs, testsuites, definitions, axioms, lemmas, and
> proofs. Among other, Logiweb is suited for literate programming
> and for publication of machine verified proofs. Logiweb allows
> Logiweb pages to reference previously published Logiweb pages
> such that programs on a page may call programs on referenced
> pages, proofs on a page may reference lemmas on referenced
> pages, and so on."
> category: Devel
> requires: Cygwin gcc tetex tetex-base tetex-extra make perl vim
> bzip2 diffutils man which

Your package looks basically good with two small exceptions:

- The binaries lgc and lgwam.exe are both in /bin.  However, the lgc
  script expects lgwam.exe to be in /usr/bin.  While that doesn't matter
  in a Cygwin default installation it's a bit unclean and *might* break
  something.  I'd suggest to repackage so that the binaries are in
  /usr/bin.

- The setup.hint file is not quite ok.

  - The "requires" line in setup.hint contains "Cygwin".  This should be
    removed since it's an automatic dependency anyway.  Above all, the
    Cygwin package is called "cygwin" in all lower case.

  - The dependencies are not clear to me and seem a bit over the top.
    The lgwam.exe binary depends on libgcc1, not on gcc as a whole.  The
    tetex dependencies I can understand.  But why a dependency to make?
    And why to vim?  You can't assume that a user uses vim as the editor
    of choice.  And how can a package actually depend on which?  While
    make is at least required to build the examples, I don't see any
    real requirement for perl, vim, or which.

Red Hat