This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty/Windows interoperability
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:18:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: mintty/Windows interoperability
- References: <AANLkTimLbuz7V2yTfJrd1e9n3d9lEZ6crMsl2v85oguM@mail.gmail.com> <20100531212927.GI18315@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <4C0442DA.email@example.com> <4C06C175.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100602210103.GA5664@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 6/2/2010 3:01 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
It could be that there is an application
used by thousands that works well in the console window while failing
miserably under a tty/pty.
Does mintty currently work around any such problems?
If so, how hard is it to just keep finding them and working around them,
in a WINE-like fashion?
If not, is that on the table, or is the answer to such problems simply
"sorry about that, life is hard"?