This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty/Windows interoperability (was: Re: default terminal)
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:33:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: mintty/Windows interoperability (was: Re: default terminal)
- References: <AANLkTimLbuz7V2yTfJrd1e9n3d9lEZ6crMsl2v85oguM@mail.gmail.com> <20100531212927.GI18315@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <4C0442DA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C06C175.email@example.com> <20100602210103.GA5664@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 2 June 2010 22:01, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that everyone here knows that ptys don't work well with
> all DOS applications.
PuTTYcyg author Mark Edgar points out a rather simple workaround for
this that hadn't occurred to me before: invoke the problematic
application through 'cygstart', which starts it in a new console